2018 was one the most productive years on record for the Clark Regional Airport due to the completion of two major building and expansion projects as well as other soon to be started projects which will positively affect our airport for years to come. These include:
- The dedication and opening of the 1,500-foot expansion of runway 18-36 to 7,000 feet
- The completion, dedication and full occupancy of the 20 T-hangars which are located at the north end of the airport
- The signing of a new land lease with our FBO, Aircraft Specialties, Inc., which will soon be constructed
- Our other FBO, Honaker Aviation, completed their expanded parking lot project
- Lighted Runway/Taxiway/Airfield signage was installed on all runways and taxiways
- Taxiway and hold short lines were repainted on Runway 13/32
The growth potential for Clark Regional Airport is virtually limitless. We have the land to expand and the vision to do so. Currently, two of our Commerical Operators are expanding their footprints. We are actively working with the River Ridge Commerce Center to further develop our potential for additional corporate hangar opportunities. Plus, ATP Flight School chose to open one of their 42 national locations at Clark Regional Airport.
Just imagine what we will be doing in 2019!