The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has scheduled public workshops on proposed new air traffic control procedures developed under the South-Central Florida Metroplex. The project aims to replace dozens of existing flight procedures with satellite-based routes, enhancing safety and efficiency of flights over the state.
The South-Central Florida Metroplex proposes new procedures for Miami (MIA), Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL), Orlando (MCO) and Tampa (TPA) where operational efficiency directly affects flights throughout the National Airspace System (NAS). The project also proposes changes for St. Pete-Clearwater (PIE) and Palm Beach (PBI) and several satellite airports. For more information, view our videos in English and Spanish.
The workshops will be an open house format where FAA experts will share preliminary designs of the air traffic procedures and answer questions. The agency will accept written comments at the workshops and through a link posted on this webpage: South Central Florida Community Involvement. We will accept comments on the proposals for each location for 30 days from the date of the last meeting in that city.
The sessions will be from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at these locations:
Orlando April 15-18, 2019
- April 15 Lake Nona High School, 12500 Narcoossee Road, Orlando, 32832
- April 16Orlando Executive Airport, 365 Rickenbacker Dr., Orlando, 32803
- April 17Florida Hotel and Conference Center, 1500 Sand Lake Road, Orlando, 32809
- April 18 -Winter Park Community Center, 721 W. New England Ave., Winter Park, 32789
Palm Beach April 18, 2019
- Hilton Palm Beach Airport, 150 Australian Ave., West Palm Beach, 33406.
Fort Lauderdale April 22-25, 2019
- April 22 Old Davie School, 6650 Griffin Road, Davie, 33314
- April 23 Anne Kolb Nature Center, Mangrove Hall, 751 Sheridan St., Hollywood, 33019
- April 24 Signature Grand, 6900 State Road 84, Davie, 33317
- April 25 David Posnack JCC, 5850 S. Pine Island Road, Davie, 33328
Miami April 29-May 2, 2019
- April 29Police Substation, 3719 NW 97th Ave., Doral, 33178
- April 30 Florida International University, Wolfe University Center, Rooms 221 and 223, 3000, NE 151 St., North Miami Beach, 33181
- May 1 Marriott Miami Airport, 1201 NW 42nd Ave., Miami, 33126
- May 2 Glenn Curtiss Mansion, 500 Deer Run, Miami Springs, 33166
Tampa Bay April 29-May 2, 2019
- April 29 Clarion Inn & Suites, 20967 US-19, Clearwater, 33765
- April 30 Tampa Airport Marriott, 4200 George J. Bean Pkwy., Tampa, 33607
- May 1 Carrollwood Cultural Center, 4537 Lowell Road, Tampa, 33618
This session will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.:
- May 2 Jan Platt Library, 3910 S. Manhattan Ave., Tampa, 33611
TheNational Environmental Policy Act of 1969(NEPA) requires the FAA to identify and publicly disclose any potential environmental impacts of the proposed procedures. The agency plans to begin the environmental review in summer 2019. We will offer the public the opportunity to comment on the proposals again during the environmental process. The FAA anticipates completing the environmental review in 2020, and expects to implement the new procedures in 2021 to the extent supported by the environmental findings.